Rainy Day Dismissal will be called for the following reasons at 2:30 p.m.
1. Severe rain predicted by radar for 3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
2. Anytime lightning occurs at 2:30 p.m.
3. Weather Watches or Warnings issued for Fort Bend County at 2:30 p.m.
Procedures for Notification of Rainy Day Dismissal:
1. Yellow Triangle Rainy Day Dismissal Flag raised
2. Call out and E-mail Blast at 2:30 p.m.
3. Rainy Day Dismissal posted on the SCE Website
4. Twitter Message at 2:30 p.m.
Students will be released in waves when the weather is questionable.
Wave 1: If parents are waiting at the school, we release those walkers/bike riders first.
Wave 2: The next groups released are the students that know for sure nobody will be driving up to school. (Even though we do not call a “Rainy Day Dismissal,” some parents drive up to school to pick up their children.) We allow students to use their cell phones to make calls if they are not sure.
Wave 3: Some students choose to wait and see if their ride is in the front or back car rider line. These
are the last students released. This takes some time because the car rider lines are long.
All walkers and bikers must have a “Rainy Day Plan” on file with the homeroom teacher.